Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Welcome to ADJD

Welcome to ADJD, please write your name and email to start chat.

  • logo

Thank you for visiting the Official Abu Dhabi Judicial Department website. How may I help you?

Thank you for chatting with us today. Have a nice day. Good bye.

تسجيل الدخول لموظفي

دائرة القضاء - أبوظبي

الدخول الذكي هو الحل الرقمي للوصول إلى

خدمات حكومة دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة


  • Marriage Contracts ​

Application for conclusion of marriage  contracts inside ADJD

This service enables you to apply for the conclusion of marriage contract  at any branch of ADJD marriage contracts section.

  • Service lifecycle
  • Submit the application and the required documents through available channels
  • Required documents are signed by both parties   
  •  Pay the prescribed fees
  • Receive the marriage contract in two copies (one copy for the husband and one for the wife) at a later time.

  • Documents Required
  •  Emirates IDs of the engaged couple and the guardian or of the attorney of either party (original and copy)
  •  Family book for UAE nationals (original and copy)
  •  Passport for non UAE nationals (original and copy)
  •  Emirates IDs of witnesses (original and copy)
  •  Original pre-marriage medical examination certificate (issued by the approved medical board)
  • Fees

AED 300​

  • Time estimated
المدة الزمنية
  • Other Government entities
الجهات الحُكوميَّة الأُخرى المَعنيَّة في إنجاز الخدمَة
  • Special conditions / Important Notes
General Conditions:
• If the fiancé, fiancée or her guardian is represented by an attorney, the latter must submit a special power of attorney for marriage (original for records).
• If the fiancée is divorced or a widow, she must  submit an official document proving so (original for review and a copy for records).
If  such divorce is revocable, a declaration of non-resumption of marriage must be submitted (original for records). 
• If a court judgment is issued in relation to divorce, separation, revocation or annulment of the marriage contract, or civil death (due to disappearance), then the eddah period will be counted effective from the date such judgment becomes conclusive.
• If a document is issued abroad or by an embassy in the UAE, it must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If it is not written in Arabic, it will be translated to Arabic and attested by the Ministry of Justice (original for records).
• The fiancée’s guardian might be her father, son, brother, then her uncle; noting that guardianship will follow this order unless there is a serious reason such as the death or disappearance of the original guardian, then the next guardian will be present. An official document proving so must be submitted.
Special conditions:
1. The following conditions shall apply to any marriage between a UAE national woman and a non-UAE national man:
• The UAE national woman wishing to get married may not have acquired her nationality by dependence. 
• The proposing man shall have some nationality, i.e. he may not be a stateless.
• The proposing man should be legally resident in the UAE.
• The proposing man shall provide a no-criminal record certificate. 
2. If no guardian is available, the woman must present a proof thereof (certification of succession or legal succession notice).
3. Marriage contracts for female minors, of less than 18 lunar years, may not be completed without the consent of the competent judge and the Minors Marriage Committee.
4. Members of the UAE Armed Forces (men and women), who wish to marry non-UAE nationals, should have a special permission from the Armed Forces to this effect.
5. Employees of the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who wish to marry non-UAE nationals, should have a special permission from their Ministry. 
6. GCC nationals (men and women), who wish to marry Non-GCC nationals, should submit a document proving the consent of their respective countries, to be attested by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
7. Any Yemeni woman wishing to marry a man not of her nationality, should submit a document proving the consent of her country, to be attested by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 
8. For any UAE national holding a passport issued by the Emirate of Ajman, and wishing to marry a woman of non-GCC countries, he shall submit a document proving the consent of the Sharia Court of Ajman. 
9. Nationals of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain (men and women), who wish to marry other than their nationalities, should submit a document proving the consent of their respective countries, to be attested by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
10. Cases that require a consent from the judge:
• Both or either the fiancé or the fiancée is less than 18 lunar years or if the fiancé is twice the fiancée’s age or more.
• Marriages between non-Muslims.
• Both or one of the couple does not hold a document indicating his/her nationality, or if he/she has no legal residence in the UAE.
• A fiancée with no guardian.

  • Related Documents of Forms
نماذج ذات صلة
  • Related FAQ
الأَسئلَة الأَكثَر شُيوعاً ذات صلَة
  • Related Laws
  • Related Resources
  • Do you have any comment about the content of this page?
  • Rate this page
  • Need Help?

Please contact the Abu Dhai Judiciary Department contact center at 800 2353 or email


Share us