There are certain restrictions that FFZ authorities, companies and individuals working within them must follow.
In relation to banking activities, licensing is limited to companies and institutions that have:
- a strong financial status
- an integrated organizational and management structure
- management with experience and knowledge of banking activities
Companies inside a FFZ cannot deal in UAE currency and cannot take deposits from UAE markets.
Financial intermediaries authorized to trade in UAE financial markets are only allowed to operate in a FFZ market after obtaining approval from the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA).
Companies listed on UAE trade markets are only allowed to be listed in any FFZ market after obtaining permission from the SCA.
Companies operating within a FFZ should not break any international treaty signed by the UAE.
Companies operating within a FFZ can:
- operate outside the geographical boundaries of an FFZ, after obtaining a license from the FFZ authority, for a period of up to four years from the date the FFZ was established
- work outside the UAE after obtaining a license from the FFZ authority